Jobs at Citizens Advice Camden
Citizens Advice Camden
in partnership with Thames Water Trust Fund
Job title: Money Adviser
Hours: 21 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Location: Citizens Advice Camden delivery locations
Starting Salary: £31,292 to £32,580 FTE per annum depending on experience
Contract Type: 11 months fixed term
Start date: as soon as possible
Citizens Advice Camden is the leading provider of voluntary sector advice services in Camden and one of the largest Citizens Advice in London. We help approximately 9,400 people each year with free, confidential and impartial advice on a wide range of issues.
We have a vacancy for a Money Adviser in our Make Water Sense project funded by Thames Water Trust Fund. This service has been running successfully since July 2016 building on our community links to reach those with problem debt unable to meet the costs of their water charges. We are looking to recruit an experienced money adviser able to step into this role and deliver complex casework from the outset.
You will possess –
- evidence that you meet the requirements of the Money Advice Service Individual Quality Standard;
- accredited membership of the Institute of Money Advisers or ability to meet requirements for accredited membership within a 6 month period;
- recent experience of delivering debt advice casework and financial capability;
- the ability to deal with complex and challenging cases whilst meeting targets and deadlines;
- a willingness to work at outreach sites and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
In accordance with Citizens Advice national policy we will require the successful candidate to be screened by the Disclosure and Barring Service. However, a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to your being able to take up the job.
Completed applications should be submitted to Recruitment@camdencabservice.org.uk by the closing date/time.
Closing date: 10am on Tuesday, 28 August 2018
Interview date: Wednesday, 12 September 2018
Camden CAB is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Have you thought of volunteering as a stepping stone to paid employment?
A record of voluntary work can be very useful in the search for paid employment. It provides experience and shows commitment. In fact, many of the people in paid posts within the CAB service started off as volunteers.
If you are interested in helping us please see our Volunteer with us page