Hours: 35 hours per week (full-time)
Location: London WC1N 3JH
Starting Salary: £31,296 to £32,586 FTE per annum, depending on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Citizens Advice Camden is the leading provider of voluntary sector advice services in Camden, with over 80 years’ experience of delivering free, confidential and impartial information, advice, and casework to those most in need.
We are looking for a specialist housing adviser to join our team based at Great Ormond Street Hospital. As well as working with families you will provide support and supervision on housing matters to advice team members and to GOSH staff who also support families.
Our service is closely integrated within the Hospital and you will have honorary GOSH staff status.
You will have –
- a good knowledge of housing law, statute and case law, including Housing Act Part VI and VII and relevant case law.
- excellent negotiation and advocacy skills.
- the ability to identify and progress options for legal challenge within the limits of your role.
- the ability to work within multi-disciplinary teams which include family support officers, social workers and GOSH medical professionals.
- the ability to produce and deliver training materials to both GOSH and CAC staff.
- an understanding of the issues that GOSH families face and be able to show how your work is relevant within a health inequalities framework.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our mutually supportive Team at Great Ormond Street Hospital which supports families of children treated there on a range of social welfare issues, including benefits, debt, and housing. This service is integrated into existing GOSH family services.
To apply complete our application form and online application process at Housing Caseworker.
Closing deadline for applications is: 10.00am on Monday, 7 February
CVs are not accepted.
Interview date: tbc
Interviews will be held on Zoom.
All candidates invited to interview will be required to provide documentary evidence of their right to work in the UK in order to comply with the statutory requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the GOSH honorary status process which includes an enhanced DBS check. You will be required to maintain honorary status and meet any additional NHS or GOSH requirements during your employment in this role, including being fully Covid-19 vaccinated. This role does not require direct contact with hospital patients.
Citizens Advice Camden is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
What people are saying
Very appreciative of all the help I received when I needed it.
Absolutely brilliant, they are doing a great service.