Accounts & Facilities Clerk
Your role will be to support the Head Office team with the administration of Camden CAB’s accounts and facilities.
- Analyzing invoices to see where savings might be made
- Analyzing expenditure on petty cash
- Progress chasing contractors regarding facilities
- Entering accounts data into spreadsheets and accounting software program
- Filing, photocopying, shredding confidential information
- Answering the administration telephones
- Provide general administration as required
During the course of the day you may be asked to undertake these tasks according to your experience and particular interests:
- Word processing, standard letters, sending faxes & emails
- Updating resources by amending files/reference books
- Ordering stationery and office supplies ensuring the office is fully equipped
Skills and attitudes
Ability to work accurately, work as part of a team, take instruction.
Whatever their views, volunteers will be expected to work with all kinds of clients and on any kind of problem they have. They must be prepared to examine their own views and feelings to make sure that they are able to give an equally good service to everyone.
All volunteers are expected to carry out the CAB’s policy of equal opportunities. This means an active opposition to all forms of discrimination, and to make sure that the service is equally available to all people.
Everything seen and heard in the bureau has to be private and every volunteer in this role has to sign an agreement to observe a strict rule of confidentiality before beginning work in the bureau.
A commitment to learning
A willingness to learn and develop is central to being an effective volunteer.
Hours of work: by arrangement. A minimum availability of one day per week for 6 months.
Support and supervision: Day to day support will be provided by Sian Fletcher and Rob Emmett. There will be additional support from the Volunteer Development Manager or the Bureau Manager at other times.
Expenses: Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed on production of a receipt or proof of travel. If more than five hours are worked in one day then a contribution of £3.00 will be made towards the cost of a meal on production of a receipt.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply to volunteer as an Accounts & Facilities Clerk please download the application form below, complete and return it by email to email@example.com and we will be in contact with you in due course.